Please note that the tour is not recommended for children (toddlers!) under 3.
1) What do you get for your money? Anything that’s not immediately obvious?
Perfect for all ages, it’s the only way to experience the sights and sounds of central London on land and river without leaving the comfort of your seat!
2) How do you cater for kids?
Tours are fast moving, fact packed and interactive and quacking good fun!
3) Time for a spot of name-dropping, cause we all love that. Tell me one celebrity who’s been to visit you recently.
4) Food is always top of my priority list. Where can you eat near the start of the tour?
Southbank has many restaurants, also the Real Food market at weekends has lots of choice for everyone. Try the very convenient slug and lettuce (children welcome), or if you’ve brought your own then why not visit Jubilee gardens (next to our departure point) for a picnic and a run around?
5) What are your peak times and quiet times?
School holidays and weekends extra busy. Off peak would be normal term time week days and the colder months
6) Each of the attractions we’re interviewing has a Dr Who connection. Can you tell me what yours is?
1st episode of last series was filmed on the Southbank, next to our departure point.
(LWAT note: And me and Eva missed it by an hour or so. But we spotted the Tardis! The Duck Tours also featured in Nativity 2, featuring beautiful former Timelord David Tennant <3 )
7) This is the British Summer we’re talking about. How is the tour affected by the rain?
We have fold down windows to keep the bad weather out
8) What’s your favourite biscuit?
Custard cream of course, it’s traditional, British and yellow like us!
9) Is there anywhere you can store a buggy before going on the tour?
Yes, of course, we either look after it for you at our departure point or store it in the shop
10) Do you have any special events coming up this summer?
D-day Ducks – our Second World War experience operate every 1st Sunday in the month
James Bond tours – take place every 3rd Sunday of the month
11) What is your USP – i.e. something no other attraction has?
Apart from the dramatic splashdown when we turn from a bus to a boat, each tour has a unique tour guide with their own individual version of the tour, so there’s always something new to discover
12) OK, this is your moment to say whatever you want to. Give us your 140-character Twitter pitch on why families should visit you this summer.