1.What did you do in 2020 that you’d never done before?
Lived through a pandemic
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, and I’m starting to think that’s where this all went wrong….
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes…we have a new choir baby and also there was a new baby that shares my name, who I’d hoped to meet over the summer. That plan got scuppered…
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
London Borough of Islington a handful of times and Harwich. Do they count? Oh and Hampshire before lockdown#1 happened but I can barely remember those days
6. What would you like to have in 2021 that you lacked in 2020?
7. What dates from 2020 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
13th March – the day we went home from work and never came back
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not strangling myself or anyone else
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting round to refunding my season ticket
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, not really….remarkable under the circumstances.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My feather fan
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Well, the kids did remarkable well, considering
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Let’s not get political…
14. Where did most of your money go?
Groceries. We have bought pretty much nothing else this year.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Pretty much nothing. Some occasional puppy encounters.
16. What song will always remind you of 2020?
The sound of slightly out of sync worship videos will always be my 2020 jam
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Sadder
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter
c) richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Seen more friends (answer taken straight out of 2008!)
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Staying at home
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Surprisingly enough, at home
21. What was your favourite month of 2020?
August – infection rates were low and we were even allowed to sing for half of it
22. Did you fall in love in 2020?
23.This question doesn’t exist.
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
We have watched SO MUCH TV it’s hard to say. Currently rewatching the West Wing…I did enjoy Staged, tho it wasn’t DT’s strongest look.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
How have I not managed to read any books this year?? What else have I had to do??
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
How to play an alto part with one hand and scroll through a shared screen with another while singing the soprano part.
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
So many things it would be depressing to list them all out.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I did go to the cinema in January before all *this* happened! So Little Women
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
This was before lockdown too! So I went out dancing in Winchester, saw lots of friends the day after and then had a nice lunch at Auntie Sabbage’s house on the day itself. Jeepers, won’t see the likes of those-a-days again! Oh, and 39.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Some manner of normality
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2020?
34. What kept you sane?
How are we defining “sane”?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
This was the year that put me off David Tennant. I mean, it’s been a disaster (but then so was his unwashed hoodie in Staged)
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Got quite into the US election (another answer straight outta 2008!)
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2020.
Never just assume you’ll be able to buy toilet roll
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Never thought I’d need so many people….