Today is the first sunny after school of the year. We went to the park, along with every other child in a 5 mile radius, and Eva asked to go on the baby swing. As I levered her in, I realised how much she’d grown since last summer. She’s got two terms of school under the belt of her grubby Belle dress and in so many ways she is not my baby any more. It’s been 7 years since I first hesitantly lowered her brother into one of those and now it seems that this summer we might be done with the baby swings once and for all.
Tagsanimals art boats buses cafe cafes cake cbeebies Central London choo-choo! Christmas cinema coffee dancing disco East London eating out giveaway ice-cream LolliBop museums music nature (really?!) North London outside London paddling pools parks playground playgrounds politics rainy day places rants sandpits shopping slides soft play southbank centre South London swings theatre Toddler-Friendly Cafe Awards trains travel water play West London
- Cake and the finest wines known to humanity (eating out)
- Creating precious childhood memories or something (days out)
- Facts! And facts are important!
- Food in cages! Walking around! Or maybe some alpacas! (Farms and zoos)
- Just wandering….
- Reviewing the Situation
- Token attempts at culture (museums)
- Token attempts at exercise (leisure centres)
- Token attempts at fresh air (parks)
- What I suppose you'd call "tips"….?